Saturday 9th March 2024
9.30am – 4.30pm
Stirling Court Hotel, Stirling, FK9 4LA
The biggest risk to motor clubs and events is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. A bit like out on the track, if you keep driving at the same speed you always have done, others will be coming past you as they get faster. In today’s marketplace where disposable income is more difficult to find, keeping your club developing has never been harder.
To support you and your club, the Scottish Association of Motor Sports Clubs is hosting a Club Development Day on Saturday 9th March 2024 at the Stirling Court Hotel. During the day you will:
- Hear the latest news from Motorsport UK Chief Executive Hugh Chambers as well as Director of Sporting and Safety John Ryan, and Head of Club Development Claire Kirkpatrick. During the open discussion you will have the opportunity to raise the issues challenging your club with the Motorsport UK Executives and hear what they, and your Regional Association, are doing to help you tackle them.
- Learn how to attract new members, retain existing members, and grow your club.
- Discuss how to get the best from your club or event organising committee so that your committee members are more engaged, productive, and eager to contribute.
- Walk away with new ways to attract competitors and volunteers and increase the visibility of your club.
- Increase your understanding of some of the sources of grant aid available and how to make successful applications for funding.
- Share techniques for running your club and events efficiently and effectively in 2024 and beyond.
This fully interactive day will see you walk away with tangible ideas and techniques that you can apply immediately and which will increase your club and event’s success. With a combination of motorsport and external facilitators, and even some surprise guests, this will be a day not to be missed.
This day is aimed at everyone who is involved in running a club, organising events, or has aspirations to do so. With limited places, make sure you register early to avoid disappointment! Lunch and refreshments provided – free to members of SAMSC Member Clubs.